We Are One Human Family -Children's Vigils Sept 15
On September 2nd 1990, the UN and its member nations recognized that “the inherent dignity and … the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world” as it ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Join us on September 15th, 2009
At events throughout NY/NJ as we celebrate this historic document and let our lawmakers know that We Are ONE in our support of:
* The Rights of Children
* Family Unification
* Humane Immigration Policy
Because We Are ONE Human Family
Purpose of the Children’s Vigils
* Promoting the Child Citizen Protection Act, H.R. 182
* Supporting the central principle of family unification in immigration reform.
* Celebrating the ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
* Urging the U.S. to endorse the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
For information on co-sponsorship, holding your own vigil or to locate a vigil contact:
Alix Nguefack at 973-854-0401 email@example.com
Kathy O’Leary at 908-273-0751 firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-sponsored by American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) Immigrant Rights Program & Pax Christi NJ